Re: BUG #17215: ltree tests failing in REL_14_STABLE / commit cb8a5a588

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #17215: ltree tests failing in REL_14_STABLE / commit cb8a5a588
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Oct 05, 2021 at 10:21:46PM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> When running the contrib/ltree checks against a build on OSX 10.13 (yeah, I
> know) against commit cb8a5a588e in REL_14_STABLE, am dying due to:
>
> #  SELECT * FROM ltreetest WHERE t =  '12.3' order by t asc;
> ERROR:  unrecognized StrategyNumber: 6

Adding Peter and Heikki here.

That may look like a corruption, but by re-running the tests this is
reproducible, right?  Are you running a simple "make check"?  Perhaps
you forgot to clean up your source directory before recompiling?  Or
is that an installcheck on an existing instance, which has some
particular configuration not checked in the buildfarm?  This query
uses only BTEqualStrategyNumber here.  Now, it seems to me that this
could point to an actual bug, where the consistent function tries to
use a picksplit, but it should not in a certain code path.  I am not
really a gist expert, just saying, but there are diffs between 13 and
14 in this area.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: BUG #17215: ltree tests failing in REL_14_STABLE / commit cb8a5a588
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17215: ltree tests failing in REL_14_STABLE / commit cb8a5a588