Re: Estimating HugePages Requirements?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Estimating HugePages Requirements?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 06, 2021 at 11:55:42PM +0000, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
> Attached is a new patch set.  The first two patches just add the new
> GUCs, and the third is an attempt at providing useful values for those
> GUCs via -C.

+   sprintf(buf, "%lu MB", size_mb);
+   SetConfigOption("shared_memory_size", buf, PGC_INTERNAL, PGC_S_OVERRIDE);
One small-ish comment about 0002: there is no need to add the unit
into the buffer set as GUC_UNIT_MB would take care of that.  The patch
looks fine.

+#ifndef WIN32
+#include <sys/mman.h>
+#endif
So, this is needed in ipci.c to check for MAP_HUGETLB.  I am not much
a fan of moving around platform-specific checks when these have
remained local to each shmem implementation.  Could it be cleaner to
add GetHugePageSize() to win32_shmem.c and make it always declared in
the SysV implementation?
--
Michael

Вложения