RE: Migrating PostgreSQL Stored Procedures to MSSQL 2019 for example

От Joel Rabinovitch
Тема RE: Migrating PostgreSQL Stored Procedures to MSSQL 2019 for example
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

When we did our migration from SQL Server to PostgreSQL, we mainly used two tools:

sqlserver2pgsql for most of our schema-related changes. You can find that here: https://github.com/dalibo/sqlserver2pgsql.

AWS Schema Conversion Tool (SCT) for migrating views and stored functions/procedures. The AWS SCT also can do schema conversions. You can find that here: https://aws.amazon.com/dms/schema-conversion-tool/

For the AWS SCT tool, you don’t really need to use AWS schemas. You can install PostgreSQL locally, and save the SQL files it generates and then apply them yourself. Not sure if that’s a violation of their license terms though (our company does use AWS).

Keep in mind that these conversion tools do the majority of the work, but the output they generate needs to be reviewed. For example, columns with an isjson() constraint need to be converted to json or jsonb columns. Stored procedures/functions sometimes don’t convert at all.

The following sites also provide the ability to conversion SQL statements using SQL Server-specific syntax to PostgreSQL.

https://www.jooq.org/translate/

https://www.sqlines.com/online

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Converting_from_other_Databases_to_PostgreSQL

Hope this helps,