Re: (13.1) pg_basebackups ./. pg_verifybackup

От Matthias Apitz
Тема Re: (13.1) pg_basebackups ./. pg_verifybackup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
El día lunes, agosto 09, 2021 a las 01:32:58p. m. -0700, Adrian Klaver escribió:

> > What we do wrong here with pg_verifybackup?
>
> Not read the docs?:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/app-pgverifybackup.html
>
> "pg_verifybackup is used to check the integrity of a database cluster backup
> taken using pg_basebackup against a backup_manifest generated by the server
> at the time of the backup. The backup must be stored in the "plain" format;
> a "tar" format backup can be checked after extracting it."

I've read exactly this page, but missed the sentence about "tar" format
because I jumped to fast to the options sections. Sorry, my fault.

Thanks

    matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
27.7.1900: Kaiser Wilhelm II Deutsches Ostasiatisches Expeditionskorps,   target China