RE: Error message restarting a database

От Begin Daniel
Тема RE: Error message restarting a database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Klaver [mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2019 17:38
To: Begin Daniel
Cc: pgsql-general
Subject: Re: Error message restarting a database

On 1/27/19 2:22 PM, Begin Daniel wrote:
> [...]
directory: K:\pgsqlData\PG_9.3_201306121\18364

>>> The directory exists with 888 items in it, but there is no file named PG_VERSION
>>>

>> Are all the tablespaces connected to a single Postgres instance?
>>
>> Are you still using Postgres 9.3?
>>
>> Does the  Postgres top level data directory still exist?
>>

>> Right, not a good day ;-)
>> - All tablespaces are connected to a single Postgres database instance
>> - I am still using Postgres 9.3 since I did not change anything related to PostgreSQL since I shut down the server a
yearago

>> - I am not sure what you mean by top level directory.
>
> PGDATA from here:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/storage-file-layout.html
>
> I am going to say PGDATA exists given the below.
>

>> I am using PgAdmin to access my PostgreSQL databases. I can access the default database (postgres), tablespace
definitions,group roles and login roles. The other database instance I have is the one that send me error messages.

> To be clear you are running only one instance(cluster) of Postgres and
> that instance has several databases defined in it, correct?
>
> If you go to PGDATA.pg_tblspc  do you have links to the tablespaces?
>
> I only installed one instance of Postgres on my PC, which I use to manage two databases (postgres and osmdump).
osmdumpis the database that complains.

> Regarding the links to the tablespaces, I first ran the following request.
> SELECT spcname FROM pg_tablespace; and got the following list.
> "pg_default"
> "pg_global"
> "workspace"
> "datadrive1"
> "datadrive2"
> "datadrive3"
> "datadrive0"
>
> I went to E:\pgsqlData\pg_tblspc and found the links to the five last tablespaces above (I manually created them, the
firsttwo were created when I installed Postgres).

> E:\pgsqlData\pg_tblspc \113608\PG_9.3_201306121\18364 link to the 888 items mentioned previously (physically stored
inK:\pgsqlData\pg_tblspc...)

Hmm, K:\pgsqlData\pg_tblspc looks suspiciously like something
masquerading as another PGDATA directory. Does a directory listing show
what is shown in?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/storage-file-layout.html

> I also found a PG_VERSION file in E:\pgsqlData. The file contains the value 9.3
>
> Daniel

Sorry, bad copy paste, you should have read K:\pgsqlData\PG_9.3_201306121\18364
The suggested content is found only in E:\pgsqlData, including PG_VERSION file and pg_tblspc subdirectory
--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Error message restarting a database
От: Hannes Erven
Сообщение: Re: Does creating readOnly connections, when possible, free upresources in Postgres?