Re: how to create script of database in postgres..sql(winxp)

От Michael Trausch
Тема Re: how to create script of database in postgres..sql(winxp)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
deepak pal wrote:
> hi
>   i am trying to make script file for my database by using pg_dump in
> windows as u say i open psql to postgres  then a prompt postgres# open
> then i write \i pg_dump it shows error.what should i do...plz hepl........

\i in psql is for including a file to be read and parsed by the database
server.  Surely, this is not what you are after.

Since you have not specified the version of PostgreSQL that you're
using, I'm going to take the liberty of assuming that you're using 8.1.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/backup.html

That portion of the manual should address your needs with regards to
using pg_dump and other utilities.  It is the Backup/Restore chapter of
the manual.

    - Mike