Re: Adding packages fro WAL-G and Odyssey

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: Adding packages fro WAL-G and Odyssey
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Andrey Borodin
> > we'd need a proper debian/ directory for these, either in the upstream
> > repo or in a separate one.
> Odyssey had debian/ dir https://github.com/yandex/odyssey/tree/master/scripts/debian

Hi,

that directory would need to be /debian, not somewhere deeper in the
tree. (Interestingly, you already have a /debian, just with less
files.)

> WAL-G is simply one Go binary. https://github.com/wal-g/wal-g/tree/master/cmd/pg
> Though it's a separate Go binary for each DB: PG, MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB etc. But I think it's better to start from PG
anyway.
> We used to build this binary and create almost empty debian/ dir with a script (FPA). We can commit this dir it it's
betterto have it in source tree.

FPA usually doesn't produce "proper" packages with a curated
debian/changelog (no throwing away of old entries, and sensible log
messages) and the other bits.

debian/rules shouldn't try to build a -dbg package these days

debian/control shouldn't depend on postgresql-server-dev-13 but on
postgresql-server-dev-all if you really need server headers instead of
just the client ones.

The Description needs more content

Standards-Version is outdated

Consider using debhelper-compat (= 13) instead of debian/compat 9

Consider providing a systemd .service file along the init script

Christoph