Re: pgbench logging broken by time logic changes

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgbench logging broken by time logic changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 08:03:27AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 6/24/21 2:46 AM, Fabien COELHO wrote:
>>> Using grep() with "$re" results in all the fields matching.  Using on
>>> the contrary "/$re/" in grep(), like list_files(), would only match
>>> the first one, which is correct.
>>
>> Ok, good catch. Perl is kind of a strange language.

Okay, I have extracted this part from your patch, and back-patched
this fix down to 11.  The comments were a good addition, so I have
kept them.  I have also made the second regex of check_pgbench_logs()
pickier with the client ID value expected, as it can only be 0.

> By contrast grep (/$re/, @values) returns those elements of @values that
> match the regex.

Thanks for the details here.
--