Re: pgbench logging broken by time logic changes

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgbench logging broken by time logic changes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 12:36:10PM +1200, Thomas Munro wrote:
> For that reason, I'm not super attached to that new pg_time_usec_t
> stuff at all, and wouldn't be sad if we reverted that piece.  I am
> moderately attached to the sync changes, though.  pgbench 13 is
> objectively producing incorrect results in that respect.

There is another item in this area where pgbench uses incorrect maths
when aggregating the stats of transactions mid-run and at the end of a
thread, issue caused by 547f04e as this code path forgot to handle the
s <-> us conversion:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAF7igB1r6wRfSCEAB-iZBKxkowWY6+dFF2jObSdd9+iVK+vHJg@mail.gmail.com

Wouldn't it be better to put all those fixes into the same bag?  If
you drop the business with pg_time_usec_t, it looks like we don't
really need to do anything there.
--
Michael

Вложения