Re: recovery test failures on hoverfly

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: recovery test failures on hoverfly
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 05:38:34PM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> It seems the error happens in both the tests when after issuing a
> KILL, we are trying to reconnect. Can we do anything for this?

This is the same problem as c757a3da and 6d41dd0, where we write a
query to a pipe but the kill, causing a failure, makes the test fail
with a SIGPIPE in IPC::Run as a query is sent down to a pipe.

I think that using SELECT 1 to test if the server has been restarted
is a bit crazy.  I would suggest to use instead a loop based on
pg_isready.
--
Michael

Вложения