Re: please update ps display for recovery checkpoint

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: please update ps display for recovery checkpoint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 07, 2021 at 01:28:06PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 12:02 PM Bossart, Nathan <bossartn@amazon.com> wrote:
>> I've seen a few functions cause lengthy startups, including
>> SyncDataDirectory() (for which I was grateful to see 61752afb),
>> StartupReorderBuffer(), and RemovePgTempFiles().  I like the idea of
>> adding additional information in the ps title, but I also think it is
>> worth exploring additional ways to improve on these O(n) startup
>> tasks.

+1.  I also agree with doing something for the ps output of the
startup process when these are happening in crash recovery.

> See also the nearby thread entitled "when the startup process doesn't"
> which touches on this same issue.

Here is a link to the thread:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+TgmoaHQrgDFOBwgY16XCoMtXxsrVGFB2jNCvb7-ubuEe1MGg@mail.gmail.com
--