Re: Multiple hosts in connection string failed to failover in non-hot standby mode

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Multiple hosts in connection string failed to failover in non-hot standby mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 09:07:38PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> writes:
>>> Agreed, that seems bogus.
>
>> There may be others, and I have not checked yet.  I'd rather do a
>> backpatch for this part, would you agree?
>
> +1

Playing with all those variables and broken values here and there, I
have been able to break a bunch of tests.  Most of the failures were
in the authentication and SSL tests, but there were also fancier
cases.  For example, PGCLIENTENCODING would cause a failure with
pg_ctl, for any TAP test.

I got surprised that enforcing values for most of the PGSSL* ones did
not cause a failure when it came to the certs, CRLs keys and root
certs now.  Still, I think that we'd be safer to cancel these as
well.

Attached is the list I am finishing with.  I'd like to fix that, so
please let me know if there are any comments or objections.
--
Michael

Вложения