Re: BUG #17032: wrong password cause double connect and double error

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #17032: wrong password cause double connect and double error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 07:10:11PM +0500, RekGRpth wrote:
> Ok, thanks. But, Why try to re-establish a known unsuccessful
> connection? (because wrong password)

Because that's the way the default behavior of sslmode works, and
because it is simpler to work this way in libpq by making all failures
reported by the backend work the same way on the client side:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/libpq-connect.html#LIBPQ-CONNECT-SSLMODE

(I agree that this is an unsafe default choice, and we've discussed
about changing to a saner default.)
--
Michael

Вложения