Re: Performance Bottleneck

От Martin Foster
Тема Re: Performance Bottleneck
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

>>> This value of wal_buffers is simply ridiculous.
>>

>> Instead I think is ridiculous a wal_buffers = 8 ( 64KB ) by default.
>

> There is no point making WAL buffers higher than 8.  I have done much
> testing of this and it makes not the slightest difference to performance
> that I could measure.
>
> Chris

No point?  I had it at 64 if memory serves and logs were warning me that
raising this value would be desired because of excessive IO brought upon
from the logs being filled far too often.

It would seem to me that 8 is a bit low in at least a few circumstances.

    Martin Foster
    Creator/Designer Ethereal Realms
    martin@ethereal-realms.org