Re: libpq 11.10 / 11.11 are not propertly released for bionic

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: libpq 11.10 / 11.11 are not propertly released for bionic
Дата
Re: libpq 11.10 / 11.11 are not propertly released for bionic  (Saif Hakim <saif@benchling.com>)
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Saif Hakim
> I noticed that version 11.11 of libpq5 and libpq-dev were released
> yesterday, but the release seems incomplete.

Hi Saif,

> However, in
> https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/bionic-pgdg/11/binary-amd64/
> , Packages was last updated on 12-Nov-2020 12:10, listing filenames for the
> two packages for the *11.10* release:

that is indeed stale, thanks for spotting that. The problem is present
in the other distributions as well. I have now manually updated
bionic-pgdg, but I will leave the other untouched until I can figure
out why reprepro isn't maintaining those files properly by itself.

> root@62d4e1ddd8bf:/# echo 'deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/
> bionic-pgdg 11' >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/postgresql.list

That said, you shouldn't worry about libpq5 11 - using the 13 version
from the "main" repository component is the recommended way. I guess
the fact that no one has spotted that problem before means no one is
actually using the "11" and the other versioned components.

So the recommendation would be to use "bionic-pgdg main" in
sources.list.

Christoph