Re: BUG #16825: When building on Windows, cl /? retrun 'x64' not AMD64 and the build does not create x64 environment

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #16825: When building on Windows, cl /? retrun 'x64' not AMD64 and the build does not create x64 environment
Дата
Ответ на Re: BUG #16825: When building on Windows, cl /? retrun 'x64' not AMD64 and the build does not create x64 environment  (Juan José Santamaría Flecha <juanjo.santamaria@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: BUG #16825: When building on Windows, cl /? retrun 'x64' not AMD64 and the build does not create x64 environment  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 09:31:22AM +0100, Juan José Santamaría Flecha wrote:
> The scripts assume that the 'msvc' folder is three levels deep,
> 'src/tools/msvc'. If you respect that, you can build with the 'cl /help'
> patch. Please find attached the patch for so.

So, I have been playing with subst and some virtual drives, and this
allows to run builds if for example pointing to the top of a git repo,
which is fancy.

Requiring at least three repository levels is something that we are
going to need anyway as a build requires a full access to the tree,
but I really see no reason to help users with such configurations as
that's basically free for us to do so.  I can see the difference of
output between cl /? and /help for virtual drives, and that's really
surprising, but I see no reason to not apply this patch as this breaks
nothing and /help is an official option.

If there are no objections, I am planning to apply this patch to
HEAD.
--
Michael

Вложения