Re: Weird failure with latches in curculio on v15

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Weird failure with latches in curculio on v15
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 01, 2023 at 10:18:27AM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2023-02-01 12:27:19 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> writes:
>> The main thing that system() brings to the table is platform-specific
>> knowledge of where the shell is.  I'm not very sure that we want to
>> wire in "/bin/sh".
>
> We seem to be doing OK with using SHELLPROG in pg_regress, which just
> seems to be using $SHELL from the build environment.

It looks like this had better centralize a bit more of the logic from
pg_regress.c if that were to happen, to avoid more fuzzy logic with
WIN32.  That becomes invasive for a back-patch.

By the way, there is something that's itching me a bit here.  9a740f8
has enlarged by a lot the window between PreRestoreCommand() and
PostRestoreCommand(), however curculio has reported a failure on
REL_15_STABLE, where we only manipulate my_wait_event_info while the
flag is on.  Or I am getting that right that there is no way out of it
unless we remove the dependency to system() even in the back-branches?
Could there be an extra missing piece here?
--
Michael

Вложения