Re: Worth using personality(ADDR_NO_RANDOMIZE) for EXEC_BACKEND on linux?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Worth using personality(ADDR_NO_RANDOMIZE) for EXEC_BACKEND on linux?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 12:29:44AM +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> Thanks for testing.  Tidied and pushed, to master only for now.

I have noticed the following failure for v11~14 on one of my hosts
that compiles with -DEXEC_BACKEND, and Nathan has redirected me here:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=gokiburi&dt=2023-01-31%2012%3A07%3A32
FATAL:  could not reattach to shared memory (key=1050468, addr=0xffff97eb2000): Invalid argument

Could it be worth back-patching f3e7806?  I don't mind changing this
animal setup by switching the kernel configuration or reducing the
branch scope, but this solution is less invasive because it would not
influence parallel runs.

Thoughts?
--
Michael