CREATE ROLE bug?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема CREATE ROLE bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
This works in PG 15:

        CREATE ROLE service CREATEROLE;
        CREATE ROLE service1 WITH LOGIN IN ROLE service;
        SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION service;
        CREATE ROLE service2 WITH LOGIN IN ROLE service;

but generates an error in git master:

        CREATE ROLE service CREATEROLE;
        CREATE ROLE service1 WITH LOGIN IN ROLE service;
        SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION service;
        CREATE ROLE service2 WITH LOGIN IN ROLE service;
-->     ERROR:  must have admin option on role "service"

If I make 'service' a superuser, it works:

        CREATE ROLE service SUPERUSER;
        CREATE ROLE service1 WITH LOGIN IN ROLE service;
        SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION service;
        CREATE ROLE service2 WITH LOGIN IN ROLE service;

It is probably related to this discussion and change:

       https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CA+TgmobGds7oefDjZUY+k_J7p1sS=pTq3sZ060qdb=oKei1Dkw@mail.gmail.com

I am not sure if the behavior is wrong, the error message is wrong, or
it is working as expected.

Embrace your flaws.  They make you human, rather than perfect,
which you will never be.