Re: SLRUs in the main buffer pool, redux

От Shawn Debnath
Тема Re: SLRUs in the main buffer pool, redux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 11:54:36AM +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> Oh I just saw that you had a comment about that in the patch and had hacked
> around it. Anyway, calling ResourceOwnerEnlargeBuffers() might be a
> solution. Or switch to a separate "CriticalResourceOwner" that's guaranteed
> to have enough pre-allocated space, before entering the critical section.

Wanted to bump up this thread. Rishu in my team posted a patch in the other
SLRU thread [1] with the latest updates and fixes and looks like performance
numbers do not show any regression. This change is currently in the
January commitfest [2] as well. Any feedback would be appreciated!

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/A09EAE0D-0D3F-4A34-ADE9-8AC1DCBE7D57%40amazon.com

Shawn
Amazon Web Services (AWS)

Сообщение: Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Сообщение: Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner