Re: document the need to analyze partitioned tables

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: document the need to analyze partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 01:50:05PM +0100, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> On Wed, 2023-01-18 at 16:23 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Is it possible to document when partition table statistics helps?
>
> I think it would be difficult to come up with an exhaustive list.

I was afraid of that.  I asked only because most people assume
autovacuum handles _all_ statistics needs, but this case is not handled.
Do people even have any statistics maintenance process anymore, and if
not, how would they know they need to run a manual ANALYZE?

Embrace your flaws.  They make you human, rather than perfect,
which you will never be.