Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 23, 2023 at 09:31:36AM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> As long as we need typedefs.list, I think it'd be good for such a target to
> add new typedefs found in the local build to typedefs.list (but *not* remove
> old ones, due to platform dependent code). But that's a separate enough
> topic...

One issue on requiring patches to have run pgindent previously is
actually the typedef list.  If someone adds a typedef in a commit, they
will see different pgident output in the committed files, and perhaps
others, and the new typedefs might only appear after the commit, causing
later commits to not match.

Embrace your flaws.  They make you human, rather than perfect,
which you will never be.