Re: verbose mode for pg_input_error_message?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: verbose mode for pg_input_error_message?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 05:36:42PM -0500, Corey Huinker wrote:
> Looks good to me, passes make check-world. Thanks for slogging through this.

FWIW, I agree that switching pg_input_error_message() to return a row
would be nicer in the long-run than just getting an error message
because it has the merit to be extensible at will with all the data
we'd like to attach to it (I suspect that getting more fields is not
much likely, but who knows..).

pg_input_error_message() does not strike me as a good function name,
though, because it now returns much more than an error message.
Hence, couldn't something like pg_input_error() be better, because
more generic?
--
Michael

Вложения