Re: Worth using personality(ADDR_NO_RANDOMIZE) for EXEC_BACKEND on linux?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Worth using personality(ADDR_NO_RANDOMIZE) for EXEC_BACKEND on linux?
Дата
Re: Worth using personality(ADDR_NO_RANDOMIZE) for EXEC_BACKEND on linux?  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 02, 2023 at 11:14:39AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Actually, I completely forgot to take into account that there is a
> minor release planned for next week:
> https://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap/
>
> So I'll hold on a bit longer here, until the next versions get their
> tags.

So, the backpatch down to 12 is straight-forward, with some conflicts
in ./configure.  ~12 handles also differently its CFLAGS with
pg_config.h.win32.  11 is more annoying because it lacks
HAVE_SYS_PROCCTL_H and it would need a partial backport of f98b847.  I
am not completely sure if this could have more side effects, though,
even if the part of pmsignal.c is left out.  It should not..

At the end, I have just done this stuff down to ~12, 11 does not seem
worth the trouble as the next stable version to go out of support.
I'll reduce gokiburi's script a bit, as a result, until the oldest
version support is v12.
--
Michael

Вложения