Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle vs. Microsoft

От Randolf Richardson
Тема Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle vs. Microsoft
Дата
Список pgsql-benchmarks
"Randolf Richardson <rr@8x.ca>" wrote in pgsql.benchmarks:

> "ycrevecoeur@nyc.rr.com" wrote in pgsql.benchmarks:
[sNip]
>> http://www.devx.com/dbzone/Article/20743
>
>          I'll take a look at that.  Thanks for the link.

        The only flaw I noticed when skimming over that comparison chart is it
incorrectly indicates that MySQL is free and has no license costs.  This is
not true for commercial use (I sent an eMail a few years ago to MySQL to
confirm this after hearing and reading conflicting claims as such), and
although this is better than Oracle's and Microsoft's offerings), it still
isn't nearly as good as PostgreSQL's.

        (I feel it's important to note also that while Oracle's and Microsoft's
solutions have historically had costs ranging in 5 figures, MySQL has
typically been ranging in a mere 3 figures, thus making it easily affordable
for many small businesses.)

        Overall, I'm happy with the information in that report, even though it
is approximately 1 year old at this time.

В списке pgsql-benchmarks по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle vs. Microsoft
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL vs. Oracle vs. Microsoft