Re: What's the difference between int2 and int16?

От Randolf Richardson
Тема Re: What's the difference between int2 and int16?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
""William ZHANG" <na@na.na>" wrote in comp.databases.postgresql.hackers:

> I found the uses of int2, int16 and other similiar types misleading
> in PostgreSQL's source code. Sometime it is difficult to figure out
> which should be prefered.
>
> Maybe int2, int4, and int8 refer to database types, while int16, int32
> and int64 refer to C data types. If this is the convention, maintenance
> may be easier.
       There's no difference:
               smallint = int2 = int16               integer = int4 = int32               largeint = int8 = int64
       The single-digit types represent the number of "bytes" used to store
the data, while the double-digit types represne the number if "bits."

--
Randolf Richardson - rr@8x.ca
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Please do not eMail me directly when responding
to my postings in the newsgroups.