RE: INSTALL file (was Re: [HACKERS] Re: HISTORY for 6.5.2)

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема RE: INSTALL file (was Re: [HACKERS] Re: HISTORY for 6.5.2)
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On 21-Sep-99 Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On Sep 20, Bruce Momjian mentioned:
>
>> I agree our INSTALL is very large.  Is there some way we can simplify
>> the install process?
>
> On the one hand a database server is probably not your everyday
> ./configure && make && make install program you get from freshmeat and you
> do want to put some time into a proper installation.

I disagree.  When you remove the 'change to this user, install from this
directory' stuff and get down to the actual install, it is just as simple
as ./configure && make && make install.   That's how I've done it the last
few times.   And each time I've enabled different features.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com