Re: [HACKERS] Re: HISTORY for 6.5.2

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: HISTORY for 6.5.2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 20-Sep-99 The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Sep 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
>> I have been thinking, the destroy should be drop, in keeping with SQL.
>> destroy was a QUEL'ism.
>
> {create,destroy}{user,db} should be drop'd, personally...admins should use
> the SQL commands directly...

I think it'd be better if they were kept.  They're really convenient for
the newbie (I just introduced someone to PostgreSQL and all the way thru
were references to MySQL, including the create user, db, etc. scripts).

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com