Re: [INTERFACES] ECPG feature

От Craig Orsinger
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] ECPG feature
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On 23-May-99 Michael Meskes wrote:
>>     So, why this brackets ('{' and '}') doesn't include ECPG? It may include
>> this brackets before and after every 'EXEC SQL' command...
>
> Okay, I'm working on this. BTW Oracle's PRO*C doesn't do this. :-)
       In a somewhat trivial test of this situtation, Informix ESQL/C
did insert brackets. I'm using version 7.11 of ESQL/C, BTW.
       Here's the test code. It's nonsensical, of course. I was just
using it to find out what C code was generated.

int RcmDbClose( iDb )
DBid iDb ;  {  if( db_open )     EXEC SQL CLOSE DATABASE ;  else     EXEC SQL DATABASE rcm ;
  return( 0 ) ;  }
       Brackets were inserted for both parts of the "if" statement.

----------------------------------
Date: 25-May-99  Time: 10:11:54

Craig Orsinger                  (email: <orsingerc@epg.lewis.army.mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28                      "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets                 station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA   98433                   - The Doctor

От: Johan Geuze
Сообщение: FETCH / ecpg
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] case insensitive search in a column