RE: [INTERFACES] error insert

От Craig Orsinger
Тема RE: [INTERFACES] error insert
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On 10-May-99 Craig Orsinger wrote:
>> CREATE FUNCTION complex_in(opaque)
>>    RETURNS complex
>>    AS '/usr/local/pgsql/postgresql-6.4.2/src/tutorial/complex.so'
>>    LANGUAGE 'c';
>> NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type 'complex' is not yet defined
>> NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type 'complex' is not yet defined
>> CREATE
>
>         Hmmm. Looks like the 'complex' type needs to be defined first.
> I used a different example as a basis for adding types and functions,
> it returned 'opaque' rather than a new type.
       I'd suggest replacing "RETURNS complex" with "RETURNS opaque" and
see how that goes.

>> CREATE FUNCTION complex_out(opaque)
>>    RETURNS opaque
>>    AS '/usr/local/pgsql/postgresql-6.4.2/src/tutorial/complex.so'
>>    LANGUAGE 'c';
>> CREATE
>>

>> CREATE TYPE complex (
>>    internallength = 16,
>>    input = complex_in,
>>    output = complex_out
>> );
>> CREATE
>
>         Have you tried putting this CREATE TYPE statement before the
> first CREATE FUNCTION statement?
       This will not work, for reasons that should have been obvious -
the input and output functions would not have been CREATE'd yet.

----------------------------------
Date: 10-May-99  Time: 11:55:53

Craig Orsinger                  (email: <orsingerc@epg.lewis.army.mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28                      "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets                 station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA   98433                   - The Doctor

От: Craig Orsinger
Сообщение: RE: [INTERFACES] error insert
От: Henry Ilhuicatzi Cortes
Сообщение: ...