Re: [HACKERS] libpq++

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: [HACKERS] libpq++
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01-Apr-99 Tom Lane wrote:
> Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com> writes:
>> Are there any glaring problems that require immediate attention that you
>> know of?  I see it hasn't been touched since around '97.
>
> The connection-related routines desperately require work; the only
> interface is equivalent to PQsetdb(), which means there's no way to
> specify username/password.  (Except by passing them via environment
> variables, which is a kluge.)  The code should be calling PQsetdbLogin
> and there need to be a couple more connection parameters for username/
> password.

Last nite I started looking at it a bit closer (docs are fixed and
sent to Tom).  Without trying to use any of it I was asking many of
the same questions that you're mentioning here.
> I'd also like to see a connection method that interfaces to
> PQconnectdb() and passes everything in a string, forgetting the
> pgEnv stuff entirely.  That's the only way that won't require
> further attention if more connection parameters are added to libpq.
Prior to eliminating anything (like the pgEnv stuff), do we know how
many people are using libpq++?  I'm wondering which would be better,
clean break or a phase out.

Remaining items noted - as well as the items that Dmitry mentioned the
other day.

I can see some directions I can go in with this.  The library looks like
it has a home/"caring parent" now.  :)    I'll be a bit slow starting,
especially with the holiday coming up and a convention following that, so
making it before 6.5 release is doubtful (hopeful, but doubtful, but
probably not wise anyway).

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com

От: Clark Evans
Сообщение: Re: [PHP3] [OT]: SELECT COUNT(*) in Postgres
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] libpq++