Re: Errors: Too many open files

От Frank Finner
Тема Re: Errors: Too many open files
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Ken,

we´ve had the same problem with a samba fileserver, which regularly
choked with a "too many open filehandles" message. We found out that
the value 8192 is nowadays the standard for /proc/sys/fs/file-max and
you can set it to much higher values. For example, the SuSE people say,
that for their Email-Server it should be set to 65536. There might also
be a value /proc/sys/fs/inode-max (may be only for certain file
systems), which according to SuSE might also be risen to 131072.

Maybe it helps.

mfg Frank Finner

--
Frank Finner

And now there is no turning back at all.
                              (M. Moorcock, "Elric Of Melnibone")"