Re: [HACKERS] timezone problem?

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: [HACKERS] timezone problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 21-Jan-00 Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> In /usr/share/zoneinfo/US, the mysteries of the various states'
> conventions are revealed:
>
> [root@golem zoneinfo]# ls -1 US
> Alaska
> Aleutian
> Arizona
> Central
> East-Indiana
> Eastern
> Hawaii
> Indiana-Starke
> Michigan
> Mountain
> Pacific
> Samoa
>
> where, as Vince pointed out, Indiana, Michigan, and Arizona seem to be
> special cases within the usual three timezones.

Michigan isn't a special case.  We're EST5EDT, I never did figure out why
we're listed in there.  Perhaps we were among the first to fully implement
DST?  I know I remember we were doing it in a test case long before it went
on the ballot in the state (which was controversial in itself).

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net  128K ISDN: $24.95/mo or less - 56K Dialup:
$17.95/moor less at Pop4       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com