Re: Some more hackery around cryptohashes (some fixes + SHA1)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Some more hackery around cryptohashes (some fixes + SHA1)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 05:07:05PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> - 0001 is a set of small adjustments for the existing code of
> cryptohashes: some cleanup for MD5 in uuid-ossp, and more importantly
> one fix to call explicit_bzero() on the context data for the fallback
> implementations.  With the existing code, we may leave behind some
> context data.  That could become a problem if somebody has access to
> this area of the memory even when they should not be able to do so,
> something that should not happen, but I see no reason to not play it
> safe and eliminate any traces.  If there are no objections, I'd like
> to apply this part.

This is a nice cleanup, so I have moved ahead and applied it.  A
rebased version of the SHA1 business is attached.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: please update ps display for recovery checkpoint
Сообщение: Re: please update ps display for recovery checkpoint