Re: Refactoring HMAC in the core code

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Refactoring HMAC in the core code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 10:48:00AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Great.  See my questions in the key manager thread about whether I
> should use the init/update/final API or just keep the one-line version.
> As far as when to commit this, I think the quiet time is actually better
> because if you break something, it is less of a disruption while you fix
> it.

Please note that on a related thread that I have begun yesterday,
Heikki has suggested some changes in the way we handle the opaque data
used by each cryptohash implementation.
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/6ebe7f1f-bf37-2688-2ac1-a081d278367c@iki.fi

As the design used on this thread for HMAC is similar to what I did
for cryptohashes, it would be good to conclude first on the interface
there, and then come back here so as a consistent design is used.  As
a whole, I don't think that there is any need to rush for this stuff.
I would rather wait more and make sure that we agree on an interface
people are happy enough with.
--
Michael

Вложения