Re: convert elog(LOG) calls to ereport

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: convert elog(LOG) calls to ereport
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 02:34:26PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 2020-12-02 15:04, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> I do wonder if it'd be a good idea to move the syscall
>> name itself out of the message, too; that would reduce the number of
>> messages to translate 50x to just "%s(%s) failed: %m" instead of one
>> message per distinct syscall.
>
> Seems useful, but perhaps as a separate project.

-       elog(LOG, "getsockname() failed: %m");
+       ereport(LOG,
+               (errmsg("getsockname() failed: %m")));
FWIW, I disagree with the approach taken by eb93f3a.  As of HEAD, it
is now required to translate all those strings.  I think that it would
have been better to remove the function names from all those error
messages and not require the same pattern to be translated N times.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Proposed patch for key managment
Сообщение: Re: Proposed patch for key managment