Re: WinCVS...uuurggh

От Dave Page
Тема Re: WinCVS...uuurggh
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Tim,

You can't see what's on the server in WinCVS easily (if at all). I use http://cvs.pgadmin.org/ for that.

To update your local copy, right click the file or folder to update, and select Update from the popup menu. Checkout
willget you a whole copy as you found.

Another hint, when you commit files, check all the messages in case you get a failure. You may need to update first
whichwill try to auto-merge the changes on the server with your changes - if that fails, it saves both copies for you
tomanually merge (it puts markers where the problems are). Then commit again...

Regards,

Dave.
_____________Original message ____________
Subject:    [pgadmin-hackers] WinCVS...uuurggh
Sender:    pgsql@timfinch.cix.co.uk
Date:        Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:05:13 +0000

Hi, I am not getting on very well with winCVS. I have now tried the
username/password Dave you sent me, it seems to log in ok (says CVS exited
with status 0 so I presume it logs in). However the interface is very
cryptic. I worked out that I see MY local copy of the CVS tree, not whats
on the server.

1. How can I see the files, and especially the new folder you have created
for us, on the server? I have managed to check out the dev folder by your
instructions, add a test text file, and commit so I am getting there..!

2. How do I tell winCVS to download all the new stuff from CVS (pgAdminII,
pgSchema etc.) that you & Jean-Michel have done in the last few days to
update my local copies? I tried checking out the pgAdmin folder again but
it said for each file 'blah-deblah is in the way) - surely it should be
working out what's old and new and updating it...?

I wanted to download the latest stuff before getting back into doing a bit
more on the project.

Bit by bit, step by step, we are sloooowly getting there! Thanks for your
help guys. Sorry I'm cutting my "open-source-development-teeth" on you guys.

Tim.