Re: pgsql: createdb: Fix quoting of --encoding, --lc-ctype and --lc-collate

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: createdb: Fix quoting of --encoding, --lc-ctype and --lc-collate
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Thu, Jan 07, 2021 at 05:25:24PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> So on this machine, setlocale() is lax about LC_COLLATE values as
> well as (presumably) LC_CTYPE.  Question then becomes why we did
> not notice for nearly a year.  It looks like, of the not-very-many
> OpenBSD machines in the buildfarm, the only one running the TAP
> tests is curculio, and that's running OpenBSD 5.9 which is quite old.
> Comparing their setlocale(3) man pages for different versions, it
> looks like the current verbiage appeared in 6.3; older versions
> have text similar to other BSDen.  So it looks like they actually
> ripped out a lot of locale functionality in 6.3.

Indeed.  6.3 is the point where they began ignoring LC_COLLATE, and
the buildfarm has no coverage for it.  Here is the reference in the
upstream doc for others:
https://man.openbsd.org/OpenBSD-6.3/setlocale.3
https://man.openbsd.org/OpenBSD-6.2/setlocale.3

> It seems like (1) we need to drop the --lc-collate version of this
> test too, or else adjust both tests to accept the error we get on
> OpenBSD as well as the normal error; (2) somebody really ought to
> crank up a modern OpenBSD critter that's running the TAP tests.

Using an alternate output looks adapted to me.  Thanks for 9ffe227.
--
Michael

Вложения