Re: Improper use about DatumGetInt32

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Improper use about DatumGetInt32
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 03:58:22PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I don't know if it's possible to determine (at function execution time)
> that we're running with the old extension version; if so it might
> suffice to throw a warning but still have the SQL function run the same
> C function.

Hmm.  You could look after extversion?  Usually we just handle that
with compatibility routines.

> If we really think that we ought to differentiate, then we could do what
> pg_stat_statement does, and have a separate C function that's called
> with the obsolete signature (pg_stat_statements_1_8 et al).

With the 1.8 flavor, it is possible to pass down a negative number
and it may not fail depending on the number of blocks of the relation,
so I think that you had better have a compatibility layer if a user
has the new binaries but is still on 1.8.  And that's surely a safe
move.
--
Michael

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Commit fest manager for 2021-01
Сообщение: Re: Commit fest manager for 2021-01