Re: Feature request: Connection string parsing for postgres_fdw

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Feature request: Connection string parsing for postgres_fdw
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 25, 2020 at 09:59:09AM +0900, Ian Lawrence Barwick wrote:
> Basically a wrapper around PQconninfoParse(), I've had the code knocking around
> for a while now and finally got round to packaging it into an
> extension [1]. It's
> on my todo list to submit a patch based on this to core, as it seems Generally
> Useful To Have.
>
> [1] https://github.com/ibarwick/conninfo

I think that this would be useful.  If you send a patch to core, be
careful that the backend code should not directly link to libpq.  This
is of course fine if done from an extension, though this is not really
something related to postgres_fdw.  Or just refactor the code into
src/common/ and then consume the refactored pieces from libpq and the
backend.
--
Michael

Вложения