Re: Fail Fast In CTAS/CMV If Relation Already Exists To Avoid Unnecessary Rewrite, Planning Costs

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Fail Fast In CTAS/CMV If Relation Already Exists To Avoid Unnecessary Rewrite, Planning Costs
Дата
Ответ на Re: Fail Fast In CTAS/CMV If Relation Already Exists To Avoid Unnecessary Rewrite, Planning Costs  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: Fail Fast In CTAS/CMV If Relation Already Exists To Avoid Unnecessary Rewrite, Planning Costs  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 07:13:33PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> +1. Shall we add some test cases(with xml, yaml, json formats as is
> currently being done in explain.sql) to cover that? We can have the
> explain_filter() function to remove the unstable parts in the output,
> it looks something like below. If yes, please let me know I can add
> them to matview and select_into.

I am not sure that we need tests for all the formats, but having at
least one of them sounds good to me.  I leave the choice up to you.

What we have here looks rather committable.  Let's wait until the
period of vacations is over before wrapping this up to give others the
occasion to comment.
--
Michael

Вложения