Re: Postgres to oracle data migration

От Bricklen
Тема Re: Postgres to oracle data migration
Дата
Список pgsql-general
phantom wrote:
> Hi all.
>

>   We have a production data source running postgres for reporting/DSS
> we are thinking on building a warehouse, wherein data would be
> transferred from postgres to the warehouse.
> The datawarehouse would be implemented in oracle as the plans stand.
> I am thereby looking for a solution to relay data between the two,
> although the techdocs do mention a way to generate interbase sql and
> carry out the migration, not sure if that is the best way for my
> project. I would greatly appreciate if you could provide
> pointers/suggestions in this direction.
>

> Thanks
> Sid
One option if you are using Oracle 9i (or greater) is to use the new
external tables option, which will read flat files as a table that
doesn't reside in the db. Or you could use Oracle's SQL*Loader to do the
same thing. If you know perl, C, or java etc, you could also do it that
way (Pro*C, dbi/dbd::oracle)....
I couldn't tell you what the best way is, but some more details may
garner some better answers: os, pg version, oracle version, preferred
language, how frequently the data needs to be transferred....

От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: Re: interval output format available that removes ambiguity ?
От: Yannick LOUVET
Сообщение: PERFORM function in Plpgsql