Re: BUG #16823: Unreachable code

От Rupert Gallagher
Тема Re: BUG #16823: Unreachable code
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Turning off the warning will not make the code reachable. Non reachable means that it will never be executed. If you are sure that it is ok to never execute it, then remove it.

-------- Original Message --------
On Jan 13, 2021, 17:42, Tom Lane < tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> localtime.c:135:40: warning: code will never be executed
> [-Wunreachable-code]
> result -= !TWOS_COMPLEMENT(int32) && result != 0;
> ^~~~~~
[ and much more in the same vein ]
We're unlikely to change any of these, so I'd recommend turning off
-Wunreachable-code.
localtime.c is a clone of the IANA timezone code, so we're certainly
not going to change it unless they do (which I doubt they would).
bootparse.c, and some of the other files you mention, are code generated
by bison, which we have no control over. Most of the rest of these
are already manually commented as being unreachable; they're there
partly for belt-and-suspenders reasons, and partly because some other
compilers will warn if we don't have them.