Sv: Re: Geographical multi-master replication

От Andreas Joseph Krogh
Тема Sv: Re: Geographical multi-master replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
På fredag 25. januar 2019 kl. 06:45:43, skrev Andreas Kretschmer <andreas@a-kretschmer.de>:

Am 25.01.19 um 06:10 schrieb Jeremy Finzel:

>     The problem is that the version for BDR 1.0.7, which has an
>     implementation for postgres 9.4, will be on end of live at the end
>     of this year. Unfortunately the paid solution is out of our
>     budget, so we currently have two options: find an alternative or
>     remove the multi-region implementation. We are currently looking
>     for alternatives.
>

> You are missing all of the alternatives here.  Why don't you consider
> upgrading from postgres 9.4 and with it to a supported version of
> BDR?  There is nothing better you can do to keep your infrastructure
> up to date, performant, secure, and actually meet your multi-master
> needs than to upgrade to a newer version of postgres which does have
> BDR support.
>
> Even "stock" postgres 9.4 is set for end of life soon. Upgrade!

ACK!

Sure, you have to pay for a support contract, and this isn't for free,
but you will get a first-class support for BDR. If you really needs a
worldwide distributed multi-master solution you should be able to buy that.

Regards, Andreas

To my surprise I'm unable to find downloadable BDR3. I thought it was an open-source extention to vanilla-pg-11, isn't that the case anymore?

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Вложения