Re: [HACKERS] Clarification in pg10's pgupgrade.html step10 (upgrading standby servers)

От Andreas Joseph Krogh
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Clarification in pg10's pgupgrade.html step10 (upgrading standby servers)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
På tirsdag 12. september 2017 kl. 21:11:45, skrev Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:
On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 2:59 PM, Andreas Joseph Krogh
<andreas@visena.com> wrote:
> There are many ways to do/configure things it seems, resulting in many ifs
> and buts which makes section 10 rather confusing. I really think a complete
> example, with absolute paths, would be clarifying.
>
> I'm afraid many will still re-create standbys from scratch without a really
> good and complete example to follow.

And I'm afraid that they won't.

Yea. Put it that way - me too:-)
The consequences of not re-creating standbys from scratch and not understanding section 10, and doing it wrong, are far worse...

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh