Re: Exclude pg_largeobject form pg_dump

От Andreas Joseph Krogh
Тема Re: Exclude pg_largeobject form pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
På tirsdag 08. mars 2016 kl. 21:03:01, skrev David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>:
On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> wrote:
På tirsdag 08. mars 2016 kl. 17:38:04, skrev Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com>:
On 03/08/2016 08:02 AM, Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
> På tirsdag 08. mars 2016 kl. 16:57:01, skrev Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us
> <mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>>:
>
>     Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> writes:
>      > What I'm looking for is "inverse -b" in an otherwise complete
>     dump. Any plans
>      > to add that?
>
>     [ shrug... ]  Nobody ever asked for it before.
>
>     regards, tom lane
>
> It surely helps testing production-datasets which contain lots of BLOBs
> where one wants to dump the production-data into a test-env. We have
>  >1TB databases containing > 95% blobs so it would help us tremendously
> to have this option.

I have quite a few customers that would benefit from the ability to not
have blobs present in dumps.

Great! So how do we proceed to get "--no-blobs" added to pg_dump?
Maybe CommandPrompt and Visena should co-fund development of such an addition, if it's accepted by -hackers?
We'd be willing to pay for such an addition for the 9.5 branch, as a patch.

​Unfortunately this doesn't qualify as a bug fix - it is a new feature and thus is ineligible for inclusion in official 9.5

David J.

Of course. That's why I mentioned that, if possible, an unofficial patch to 9.5 could be developed, funded partly by Visena (my company). Given that someone is willing to do this of course.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Вложения