Re: [GENERAL] PG-10 + ICU and abbreviated keys

От Andreas Joseph Krogh
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PG-10 + ICU and abbreviated keys
Дата
Список pgsql-general
På mandag 13. november 2017 kl. 21:46:08, skrev Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>:
On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 12:40 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
>> Do I have to explicitly specify collation when using ORDER by on that column for index and abbreviated keys to be used?
>
> Only if you didn't define the column with a per-column collation initially.

BTW, if you specifically want to quickly verify whether or not
abbreviated keys were used, you can do that by setting "trace_sort =
on", and possibly setting "client_min_messages = LOG", too.

There should be quite a bit of debug output from that that
specifically mentions abbreviated keys.

Thanks.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PG-10 + ICU and abbreviated keys
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] PG-10 + ICU and abbreviated keys