Re: Updated RUM?

От Andreas Joseph Krogh
Тема Re: Updated RUM?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
På mandag 27. juni 2016 kl. 13:20:03, skrev Oleg Bartunov <obartunov@gmail.com>:

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreas@visena.com> wrote:
Hi.

@PostgresPro; Will there be any updates to the rum git-repo any time soon?

Sure.

I understand you're working hard on this, care to share some vision/roadmap? I'm specifically interested in if RUM will support the same datatypes as GIN supports (arrays, JSON etc.), and what opclasses you plan to implement (for equalty and sorting). Will there be some kind of btree_rum like there is for btree_gin, to add RUM-support for the types there exists Btree-support for?

We are testing fts+timestamp combination right now.  The challenge is to have posting list/tree sorted by addinfo (timestamp) not by item pointer. It works already, but we are not quite satisfied with generated WAL traffic and are researching some options in improving posting tree building and generic wal.

We have in mind some sort of generalization like anyarray, but don't have any real ideas.

Cool!

Will RUM support having ts_vector and bigint in the same index, like GIN does (utilizine btree_gin), then sorting by some 3rd timestamp-column?

This will enable queries like:

create table delivery(    id BIGSERIAL primary key,    fts_all TSVECTOR not null,    folder_id BIGINT NOT NULL,    sent TIMESTAMP not null,    message varchar not null
);

SELECT del.id                    , del.sent                FROM delivery del                WHERE del.fts_all @@ to_tsquery('simple', 'hi:*')                      AND del.folder_id = ANY(ARRAY[2,3]::BIGINT[])
                ORDER BY  del.sent DESC LIMIT 101 OFFSET 0;
Having this query use one RUM-index with optimized sorting by timestamp would be extremely useful.

Thanks.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS