Re: pg full text search very slow for Chinese characters

От Andreas Joseph Krogh
Тема Re: pg full text search very slow for Chinese characters
Дата
Список pgsql-general
På tirsdag 10. september 2019 kl. 18:21:45, skrev Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
Jimmy Huang <jimmy_huang@live.com> writes:
> I tried pg_trgm and my own customized token parser https://github.com/huangjimmy/pg_cjk_parser

pg_trgm is going to be fairly useless for indexing text that's mostly
multibyte characters, since its unit of indexable data is just 3 bytes
(not characters).  I don't know of any comparable issue in the core
tsvector logic, though.  The numbers you're quoting do sound quite awful,
but I share Cory's suspicion that it's something about your setup rather
than an inherent Postgres issue.

regards, tom lane

We experienced quite awful performance when we hosted the DB on virtual servers (~5 years ago) and it turned out we hit the write-cache limit (then 8GB), which resulted in ~1MB/s IO thruput.
Running iozone might help tracing down IO-problems.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh