Re: How to keep pg_largeobject from growing endlessly

От Andreas Joseph Krogh
Тема Re: How to keep pg_largeobject from growing endlessly
Дата
Список pgsql-general
På onsdag 15. april 2015 kl. 16:05:22, skrev Adam Hooper <adam@adamhooper.com>:
On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 9:57 AM, Andreas Joseph Krogh
<andreas@visena.com> wrote:

> På onsdag 15. april 2015 kl. 15:50:36, skrev Adam Hooper <adam@adamhooper.com>:
>
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 4:49 AM, Andreas Joseph Krogh
> <andreas@visena.com> wrote:
> >
> > In other words: Does vacuumlo cause diskspace used by pg_largeobject to be freed to the OS (after eventually vacuumed by autovacuum)?
>
> No.
>
> Ok. Out of curiousity; When does it get freed, when VACUUM FULL'ed?

Yes. VACUUM FULL or CLUSTER will free the space. (Of course, you need
a lot of free disk space to perform those operations.)

I'm sure there's a good reason for why VACUUM FULL needs to rewreite the whole table and cannot "just free the unused space to the OS".

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Help with slow table update
Сообщение: Re: Help with slow table update